Dr. BISWAJYOTI HAZARIKA
DIRECTOR- HEAD & NECK SURGERY (SURGICAL ONCOLOGY)
Dr Biswajoyti Hazarika has been in the specialized field of Head & Neck surgery for the last 16 years. His area of expertise includes surgery for tumors / cancer of the head & neck region ( which comprises the oral cavity the nose and paranasal sinuses, the pharynx, the pharynx, the salivary glands, thyroid and the parathyroid glands, Dr biswajyoti Hazarika is well versed with the plastic reconstruction of the resected part as well as endoscopic and minimal access surgery in Head & Neck. Robotic Head & neck surgery is the latest addition to his armamentarium.
- Other than the surgical procedures Dr hazarika also takes keen interest in the functional Rehabilitation of head & neck cancer patient
- After doing his fellowship on head & neck surgery from kidwai Memorial institute of oncology, Banglore Dr hazarika has done residency in Dr b Borooah cancer center Guwahati and has worked in prince aly khana Hospital < Mumbai (under the tutelage of Dr sultan a pradhan) - these exposure has given him tremendous insight to the nuances of head and neck oncology as a whole.
- Dr hazarika joined the dept of surgical oncology, Max super specialty Hospital, saket, new delhi as a consultant in 2009 and in 2913 he was appointed as the head of department Head & Neck surgery in the same institute and continued in the same post till august 2016.
- In addition to having Multiple publications in national and international medical journals, Dr hazarika has also authored chapter in atlas of otolaryngology and Head & neck surgery.
Education & Training
- Guwahati Medical College & Hospital, Guwahati (MBBS)
- Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh (MS)
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Banglore
- Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati
- Prince aly khan Hospital, Mumbai
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Life member of Foundation of Head & Neck Oncology, India
- Patron- Assam Rock and Sports Climbing Association, Guwahati